In responce to my articles about the Chinese character decomposition I am receiving a feedback from the Chinese language teachers.
The requests can be structurized as the following:
- There is “something in the Chinese character decomposition”.
- No time and resources to decompose the Chinese characters.
- No textbooks with the decomposed Chinese characters.
My answers to the esteemed colleagues are:
- The Chinese Character decomposition is the new word in the Chinese language teaching. No doubt in it.
- Decomposition is a highly time consuming process. It took me about ten years to work out and test this principle in the classroom with my students.
- The textbooks with the Chinese character decomposition are available on Polina Shinkina’s Author Spotlight page http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/polina985. All the Chinese characters are decomposed in them. No need for you to re-decompose. Just take the textbook you like and teach successfully!
Good luck dear colleagues in your noble endeavours!